Please note that this shop is intended for use by customers in the UK only.
If you live outside the UK (or the items are to be shipped to an address outside the UK) please use our International Shop.
- Delivery charges
- Dispatch policy
- Delivery information
- Orders containing aerosols
- Delivery difficulties
- Packaging & recycling information
- Free standard recorded delivery1 on orders over £49 (excludes Highlands, Islands and Northern Ireland)
- Standard recorded delivery1 for orders under £49 - £3.99 (excludes Highlands, Islands and Northern Ireland)
- Delivery with standard Royal Mail services:
- 1st class: Orders under 0.5kg - £3.50
0.5kg-1kg - £3.95
- 2nd class: Orders under 1kg - £2.95
- 1st class: Orders under 0.5kg - £3.50
- Next working day delivery pre-1pm2 - £6.95
(Orders must be placed before 2:30pm)
- Saturday delivery2 - £12.95
(Orders must be placed before 2:30pm Friday)
- Sunday delivery2 - £12.95
(Orders must be placed before 2:30pm Friday)
- Standard recorded delivery to Highlands, Islands and Northern Ireland - £10
Note 1 - Standard recorded delivery takes 1-2 working days. It will usually be delivered using DPD couriers, though may be sent with Royal Mail (see delivery information below). This is for UK mainland only. If you are not sure if your area is excluded then please see below or enter your postcode at the checkout to see delivery options for your address.
Please note, 'working days' exclude Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays.
We are sorry but we cannot deliver to PO boxes.
We will always endeavour to dispatch your order on the working day on which it is received, however our parcels are collected in the afternoon before the close of business so this may not always be possible. If it is not possible to dispatch your order on the day it placed, it will be dispatched on the next working day. To ensure that your order can be dispatched the same day please order before 2:30pm.
Your order will be dispatched using the most appropriate method, based on the delivery option you select at checkout. Please see 'delivery information' below'.
Orders are not dispatched until payment is received.
Working days exclude Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays.
We will not dispatch an order where there is ambiguity with either the address or the delivery instructions so please check your e-mail (including your junk mail folder) to ensure that we have not tried to contact you.
Incorrect or incomplete addresses may result in your parcel being delayed or even returned to us which will incur re-delivery charges.
At checkout you are able to select a delivery option. Please note...
- The delivery options which do not state 'Royal Mail' are usually dispatched with a courier and are usually undertaken by DPD
- Orders weighing less than 1kg may, however, be dispatched with Royal Mail at our discretion as appropriate, though will still use a recorded or timed service if selected at checkout
- The exception to the above are orders for aerosols, which will be dispatched with FedEx. If an order contains aerosols and other items, your order may be delivered in two separate parcels by different agents
- The 'Royal Mail 1st Class Delivery' and 'Royal Mail 2nd Class Delivery' options are sent with the standard Royal Mail services, which are not tracked until the point of delivery
Parcels dispatched with Royal Mail
Delivery times for parcels sent with Royal Mail will vary with the efficiency of the postal service, and the service chosen/used. It is usual, but not guaranteed, that standard Royal Mail 1st class is delivered in 1-2 days and standard Royal Mail 2nd class in 2-3 days.
Parcels sent with DPD couriers
Deliveries with DPD’s standard service are usually 1-2 working days with the exception of ‘remote areas’ (please see below.)
Parcels sent using the 'next working day delivery pre-1pm' option are usually delivered prior to midday.
Deliveries require a signature. We are happy to arrange delivery to a friend, relative, neighbour or business address if this is more convenient and at the checkout you are able to give a delivery address which is different to your billing address. Should there be no sensible alternative then you can request that an item be left in a safe place without a signature. Please email us immediately upon completion of your order with the details as we can add the instruction to the shipping label. Alternatively, you will be able to give these details to the courier when we receive notification of the dispatch/imminent delivery of your parcel. Please note that if you choose to have the parcel left in a safe place then it will be at the driver’s discretion as to whether it is left and this service is not guaranteed. It will also be at your own risk if the parcel is left without a signature.
Unfortunately we are unable to arrange delivery for a specific time of day, however when your order is dispatched you will receive an email containing a tracking number for your parcel. You will then receive an email on the morning of your delivery with a 1 hour slot in which they hope to deliver your parcel, meaning that you will have a little more freedom within your day. If you provide your mobile phone number then you can also receive a text message with this information.
Mainland UK - ‘Remote Areas’
- Postcodes: AB31-35, AB41-54, PA80, PH15-18, PH45-48
The standard delivery service is 2 working days. Pre-1pm next working day, Saturday and Sunday deliveries are not available for these postcodes.
‘Highland, Islands, and Northern Ireland’
Scottish 'Highlands and Islands', Isle of Man, Northern Ireland, Scilly Isles and Channel Islands
- Postcodes: AB36-38, AB55-56, BT, FK17-21, GY, HS, IM, IV, JE, KA27-28, KW, PA20-78, PH19-44, PH49-50, TR21-25, ZE
The prices are higher than for 'Mainland UK' due to a DPD surcharge. We apologise for this but we will do our best to find ways of delivering to you more cheaply (using Royal Mail where possible etc). Pre-1pm next working day, Saturday and Sunday deliveries are not available for these postcodes.
Special Delivery Options: Pre-1pm next working-day, Saturday and Sunday
If you wish to receive your parcel before 1pm the next working day then please select that option when completing the 'check-out' process. Please note that orders must be received before 2:30pm on the working day prior to the working day on which you require delivery, however we will do our best to dispatch all orders on the day they are received.
To guarantee delivery for a Saturday or Sunday, orders must be received before 2:30pm Friday prior to that weekend, however we do our best to dispatch all orders on the day they are received, so it may be possible to dispatch orders later than that time - if in doubt please ring us (01509 265557) to find out if dispatch that day is possible.
Please contact us if you require further clarification of when your order will be delivered.
ORDERS CONTAINING AEROSOLS
Due to restrictions on the shipment of pressurised containers we cannot send F10® Aerosol Foggers and F10® Aerosol Disinfectants outside the mainland UK, and to any locations where air transport may be involved. The places to which they cannot be shipped therefore includes:
- Northern Ireland
- Channel Islands
- Isle of Man
- Isle of Wight
- Scottish islands
This list is not exhaustive, and we reserve the right to cancel your order of these items if it transpires that delivery to you and/or for the rate you have been charged, is not possible. We will of course notify you if that is the case.
Pre-1pm, Saturday and Sunday delivery is not available on these items.
As we must use a different courier than normal for deliveries of these items, there are some regions of Scotland to which delivery may be possible, but we may need to provide a specific quote for doing so. If you live in mainland Scotland, but find that at checkout it states that delivery of these items to you is not possible, then please contact us - firstname.lastname@example.org or 01509 265557 - and we will provide you with further information.
If you encounter problems receiving your order then please contact us. We try to dispatch all parcels the same or next working day and, unless you choose the 'Royal Mail 2nd class option', we would expect that delivery should not take more than two working days from the day of dispatch. If you have not received your order in four working days then please let us know. The sooner we know, the easier it is to resolve the problem.
Problems occasionally arise when the courier/Royal Mail has attempted delivery and you have not been at home to receive the parcel. Please check to see if a card has been put through your door (which they should do with all attempted deliveries). If your parcel has been dispatched with DPD then you should receive an e-mail and/or text message giving the tracking details for the parcels, and it is worth going online to trace the progress of your parcel.
If your order was dispatched with DPD, and you were not in to accept the parcel, then it will normally be held at the depot for a number of days and you should be able to arrange redelivery. If your order was dispatched with Royal Mail, and you were not in to accept the parcel, then it may be delivered to a local post office, or held at a depot, for your collection.
Please note, however, that if you were not at home to receive your parcel, and you take no action to get your parcel within a few days, then it may be returned to us.
PACKAGING & RECYCLING INFORMATION
As many of our products are imported, and packaging regulations at the place of manufacture may be different to the UK, they do not always carry information on whether they can be recycled. Please therefore note the following:
- Almost all F10 products are packaged in HDPE 2 plastics, which are widely recycled and can be disposed of via most kerbside recycling schemes. This includes the bottles, caps, pumps, sprays, tubes and tubs.
- Opti'Plume, Avifood Shower and Avifood Spray are packaged in HDPE 2 plastics, which are widely recycled and can be disposed of via most kerbside recycling schemes.
- To ensure the food maintains its freshness, the Harrison's Bird Foods are packaged in bags which contain a foil lining. This mixture of materials means that currently it is not possible to recycle the bags.
- DPD's express bags are made from 80% reclaimed materials, and are recyclable via most kerbside recycling schemes.
- The tape we use to seal boxes is 100% recyclable.
- And of course all cardboard boxes and paper can be recycled. Harrison's Bird Foods boxes are made from 100% recycled materials, and we use only recycled paper in our offices.
We are committed to trying to play our part in minimising society's impact on the environment. We try keep to a minimum any additional packaging we use to deliver your order, however to try to ensure that it arrives in a good condition it may be necessary to use some extra packaging. We believe the environmental impact of sending a replacement for a damaged item to be greater than ensuring your original order arrives intact, and therefore aim to provide sufficient packaging for your order, but no more than that.
We also aim to keep to a minimum the volume of 'new' packaging materials we purchase/use, and to minimise our waste by reusing what we receive. You may therefore receive packaging materials which we are reusing, and whilst this may give our packaging a less polished appearance than some companies, we believe this to be better than buying brand new materials to use.