Caution: The correct feeding technique must be used in order to prevent injury to the bird or inhalation of the formula that could result in pneumonia and death.
• Step 1: Gently feel the crop to determine that it is almost empty before feeding.
• Step 2: Mix fresh: 1 part dry formula to 1-3 parts bottled “drinking water” heated to approximately 103°F (39°C). Do not microwave. Allow to cool to lukewarm.
• Step 3: Feeding with an irrigation syringe is probably the most universally successful technique. As one faces the bird, position the syringe to enter the oral cavity from the left side of the bird’s beak and direct it toward the right side of the bird’s neck. Deposit the food into the bird’s mouth and, as it swallows, the normal feeding response closes off the trachea and prevents aspiration of the formula into the lungs.
• Step 4: Feed the bird until the crop is full but not overstuffed and clean the excess formula from the bird’s beak, feathers and enclosure.
• Step 5: Small species older than 21 days and large species older than 7 days should be fed Juvenile Hand-feeding Formula.™
Composition: Soy protein isolate, Hi-oleic sunflower oil, Corn starch, Sugar, Calcium carbonate, Potassium chloride, Di-calcium phosphate, Phosphatadylcholine, Methionine Vegetable oil.
Nutritional additives per Kg: Vitamins: Vitamin A 22046 IU, Vitamin B1 13390 IU, Vitamin B2 11900 IU, Vitamin D3 1378 IU, Vitamin E 496 IU, Vitamin B12 200mcg. Trace elements: Zinc Sulphate 66.25mg, Manganese Sulphate 22.05mg, Copper Sulphate 0.8mg, Sodium Selenite 0.75mg.
Analytical constituents: Crude Protein (min.) 26%, Crude Fat (min.) 14%, Crude Fibre (max.) 1%, Moisture (max.) 10%.