High Potency Superfine
The size of piece that is usually preferred by finches or canaries.
Available as a 454g bag.
- Birds that are being converted from seeds or any other diet. Birds should initially be fed High Potency Formula for a period of at least 6 months. See Dr Harrison explain the benefits of High Potency diets for birds who are converting here.
- As a year round formula for cockatiels, budgies, finches, canaries and other small parrots.
- For birds that have special needs such as birds that are molting, overweight, underweight, particularly active, housed in a cold climate, recovering from an illness or affected by liver or kidney disease.
- For birds that are weaning. Birds should be fed High Potency Formula for at least 6-9 months.
- For birds that are breeding. Birds should be fed High Potency Formula 1-2 months prior to the breeding period and until chicks are weaned or for at least six months before resuming Adult Lifetime Formula. The amount of supplemental high quality vegetables and fruits may be increased until the chicks are weaned. For each 2 Tbs (20 g) Formula, add ½ (5 g) Tbs high quality (certified organic would be best) sunflower seeds.
- Feed fresh food daily, do not 'top up'
- To help reduce waste, feed as distinct meals
- Birds may eat all they want, but use the table below as a guideline
SUGGESTED DAILY AMOUNTS:
|Species||High Potency SuperFine||Additional foods|
|Canary / Finch||1 - 13/4g (1 tsp)||1/2 tsp|
|Budgie (parakeet) / Parrotlet||11/2 - 3g (1 - 2 tsp)||1/2 - 1 tsp|
|Cockatiel / Lovebird||2 - 5g (11/2 - 3 tsp)||1/2 - 1 tsp|
Feeding of additional items
It is not recommended to supplement with vitamins or other bird or animal food products. Additional foods should be up to approximately 10% of the overall diet. Offer good quality vegetables and fruits in small quantities; dark yellow meaty or dark green leafy items such as sweet potatoes, carrots, pumpkin, winter squash, broccoli, parsley, spinach, mango or papaya are the most beneficial.
[For birds with suspected iron-storage disease: Avoid citrus fruits, tomatoes, kiwi, strawberries and other foods containing vitamin C. Avoid grapes, currants, raisins, liver, red meat, egg yolk or dark green vegetables such as spinach, which may contain high levels of iron.]
Composition: *Hulled Grey Millet, *Hull-less Barley, *Corn, *Toasted Soybeans, *Peanut Kernels, *Sunflower Kernels, *Peas, *Lentils, *Toasted Oat Groats, *Brown Rice, *Chia, *Alfalfa, Calcium Carbonate, Bentonite, *Sea Kelp, Salt, *Algae Meal, *Sunflower Oil.
* = CERTIFIED ORGANIC INGREDIENT
Nutritional additives per kg: Vitamins: Vit A 2205 IU, Vit B1 1340 IU, Vit B2 1192 IU, Vit E 218 IU, Vit D3 138 IU, Vit B12 20mcg. Trace elements: Zinc Sulphate 6.6mg, Manganese Sulphate 2.2mg, Copper Sulphate 1.3mg.