High Potency Pepper Fine
This is a year-round formula, with added spicy cayenne pepper, for conures, lories, quakers, cockatiels, lovebirds, doves and other small to medium parrots.
It can also be fed as a treat to all birds who enjoy a spicy pepper flavour.
Available as a 454g bag.
- For birds that are being converted from seeds or any other diet. Birds should initially be fed High Potency Formula for a period of at least 6 months. See Dr Harrison explain the benefits of High Potency diets for birds who are converting here
- As a year round formula for canaries, doves, budgies (parakeets), cockatiels, lovebirds, finches and other medium to small parrots.
- As a treat for birds which love spicy, pepper flavoured foods.
- For birds that have special needs such as birds that are molting, overweight, underweight, particularly active, housed in a cold climate, recovering from an illness or affected by liver or kidney disease.
- For birds are weaning. Birds should be fed High Potency Formula for at least 6-9 months.
- For birds that are breeding. Birds should be fed High Potency Formula 1-2 months prior to the breeding period and until chicks are weaned or for at least six months before resuming Adult Lifetime Formula. The amount of supplemental high quality vegetables and fruits may be increased until the chicks are weaned. For each 2 Tbs (20 g) Formula, add ½ (5 g) Tbs high quality (certified organic would be best) sunflower seeds.
- Feed fresh food daily, do not 'top up'
- To help reduce waste, feed as distinct meals
- Birds may eat all they want, but use the table below as a guideline
Caution: Contains organic cayenne pepper powder - Do not breathe contents; Wash hands immediately after handling; May irritate eyes and skin
SUGGESTED DAILY AMOUNTS
When feeding as the main part of the diet
|Species||High Potency Fine||Additional foods|
|Budgie||11/2 - 3g (1 - 2 tsp)||1/2 - 1 tsp|
|Cockatiel / Lovebird||2 - 5g (11/2 - 3 tsp)||1/2 - 1 tsp|
|Quaker||3 - 7g (2 - 4 tsp)||1 - 11/2 tsp|
|Lory* / Conure||5 - 9g (3 - 5 tsp)||1 - 2 tsp|
|Pionus||10 - 15g (1 - 11/2 Tbs)||1 - 2 tsp|
|Amazons / Eclectus||15 - 30g (11/2 - 3 Tbs)||1 - 2 tsp|
|African Greys||15 - 30g (11/2 - 3 Tbs)||11/2 - 2 tsp|
* For Lories: soak the formula in 2 Tbs of water and 1/2 tsp of corn syrup
When feeding as a treatWhen feeding another Harrison's food as the main part of the diet, High Potency Pepper Fine should comprise up to 30% of the diet. As a guide this is...
- small birds, 1/8g - 11/2g per day
- medium birds, up to 3g per day
- large birds, up to 9g per day
Feeding of additional items
It is not recommended to supplement with vitamins or other bird or animal food products. The feeding of additional foods should be up to approximately 10% of the overall diet. Offer good quality vegetables and fruits in small quantities; dark yellow meaty or dark green leafy items such as sweet potatoes, carrots, pumpkin, winter squash, broccoli, parsley, spinach, mango or papaya are the most beneficial.
[For birds with suspected iron-storage disease: Avoid citrus fruits, tomatoes, kiwi, strawberries and other foods containing vitamin C. Avoid grapes, currants, raisins, liver, red meat, egg yolk or dark green vegetables such as spinach, which may contain high levels of iron.]
Composition: *Hulled Grey Millet, *Hull-less Barley, *Corn, *Toasted Soybeans, *Peanut Kernels, *Sunflower Kernels, *Peas, *Lentils, *Toasted Oat Groats, *Brown Rice, *Chia, *Alfalfa, *Red Pepper Powder, Calcium Carbonate, Bentonite, *Sea Kelp, Salt, *Algae Meal, *Sunflower Oil.
* = CERTIFIED ORGANIC INGREDIENT
Nutritional additives per kg: Vitamins: Vit A 2205 IU, Vit B1 1340 IU, Vit B2 1192 IU, Vit E 218 IU, Vit D3 138 IU, Vit B12 20mcg. Trace elements: Zinc Sulphate 6.6mg, Manganese Sulphate 2.2mg, Copper Sulphate 1.3mg.