High Potency Coarse
Earn 10 loyalty points, worth £1.00, with this purchase.
The size of piece that is usually preferred by larger parrots, such as Macaws, Cockatoos and African Greys.
- For birds that are being converted from seeds or any other diet. Birds should initially be fed High Potency Formula for a period of at least 6 months. See Dr Harrison explain the benefits of High Potency diets for birds who are converting here.
- As a year round formula for African greys, large macaws, Queen of Bavaria conures and other medium to large parrots.
- For birds that have special needs such as birds that are molting, overweight, underweight, particularly active, housed in a cold climate, recovering from an illness or affected by liver or kidney disease.
- For birds that are weaning. Birds should be fed High Potency Formula for at least 6-9 months.
- For birds that are breeding. Birds should be fed High Potency Formula 1-2 months prior to the breeding period and until chicks are weaned or for at least six months before resuming Adult Lifetime Formula. The amount of supplemental certified organic vegetables and fruits may be increased until the chicks are weaned. For each 2 Tbs (20 g) formula, add ½ Tbs (5 g) high quality (certified organic would be best) peanuts or almonds and 1Tbs (10 g) high quality (certified organic would be best) sunflower seeds.
- Feed fresh food daily, do not 'top up'
- To help reduce waste, feed as distinct meals
- Birds may eat all they want, but use the table below as a guideline
SUGGESTED DAILY AMOUNTS:
|Species||High Potency Coarse||Additional foods|
|Pionus||10 - 15g (1 - 11/2 tbs)||1/2 - 1 tsp|
|Amazon / Eclectus||15 - 30g (11/2 - 3 tbs)||1 - 2 tsp|
|African Grey||15 - 30g (11/2 - 3 tbs)||11/2 - 2 tsp|
|Cockatoo||15 - 30g (11/2 - 5 tbs)||2 - 3 tsp|
|Macaw||20 - 60g (2 - 6 tbs)||2 - 4 tsp|
|Toucan||50 - 150g (5 - 15 tbs)||3 - 9 tbs|
|Hornbill||100 - 300g (10 - 30 tbs)||2 - 4 tsp|
Feeding of additional items
It is not recommended to supplement with vitamins or other bird or animal food products. The feeding of additional foods should be limited to no more than 30% of the overall diet. Offer good quality vegetables and fruits in small quantities; dark yellow meaty or dark green leafy items such as sweet potatoes, carrots, pumpkin, winter squash, broccoli, parsley, spinach, mango or papaya are the most beneficial.
[For birds with suspected iron-storage disease: Avoid citrus fruits, tomatoes, kiwi, strawberries and other foods containing vitamin C. Avoid grapes, currants, raisins, liver, red meat, egg yolk or dark green vegetables such as spinach, which may contain high levels of iron.]
Composition: *Sunflower Kernels, *Hull-less Barley, *Soybeans, *Peas, *Peanut Kernels, *Lentils, *Corn, *Brown Rice, *Toasted Oat Groats, *Alfalfa, *Psyllium, Calcium Carbonate, Bentonite, *Sea Kelp, Salt, *Algae Meal, *Sunflower Oil
* = CERTIFIED ORGANIC INGREDIENT
Nutritional additives per kg: Vitamins: Vit A 4409 IU, Vit B1 2677 IU, Vit B2 2380 IU, Vit E 437 IU, Vit D3 276 IU, Vit B12 40mcg. Trace elements: Zinc Sulphate 13.3mg, Manganese Sulphate 4.4mg, Copper Sulphate 2.7mg.