F10SC Veterinary Disinfectant
F10®SC is a veterinary disinfectant which achieves a broad spectrum kill of potentially harmful micro-organisms. It is active against bacteria, viruses, fungi and spores.
At working dilutions it is non-corrosive, non-toxic, non-tainting and non-irritating, and is also chlorine- and aldehyde-free. It is an excellent product for achieving a high level of biosecurity effectively and safely as it poses no hazard to yourself and is completely safe to use in presence of animals when used at recommended concentrations. For best results F10®SC should be allowed to air dry - i.e. do not wash off.
Available in 100ml, 200ml, 1 litre and 5 litre bottles, and also in 1 litre pre-diluted "Ready to use" bottles.
WHAT IS F10®SC USED FOR?
- Effective and safe general disinfection of all hard surfaces (such as tables, floors and cages)
- For animal housekeeping procedures (such as the cleaning of food and water bowls and bedding)
- F10®SC can be sprayed on and left to disinfect after cleaning to provide additional biosecurity
- Fogging of entire rooms and hard to reach surfaces
- Fogging of air spaces to eliminate air-borne micro-organisms
Note - F10®SC should be used on surfaces which are already 'clean', but need disinfecting - i.e. remove any visible dirt from the surface before use. For a ‘one-step’ product for light duty cleaning, where a detergent is needed, use F10SCXD.
THE RECOMMENDED DILUTION RATES OF F10®SC
These dilution rates mean that F10® is one of the most cost-effective disinfectant ranges on the market.
- General disinfection at 1:500 (2ml in 1 litre)
- High level disinfection against bacteria, fungi and most viruses (including coronavirus) at 1:250 (4ml to 1 litre)
- For use against the most resistant viruses such as Parvovirus or PBFD at 1:125 (8ml in 1 litre)
WHICH SHOULD I CHOOSE? F10SC, F10CL or F10 READY TO USE?
Whichever you are more comfortable using, the end result will be the same as each provide the same high levels of safety and effective disinfection. Some prefer the Ready to Use as it is pre-diluted and can be sprayed straight from the bottle. The concentrates - F10SC and F10CL - are most cost effective, but need to be diluted at the correct rate. Some feel the CL is better for them as the dilution rate means that you will ultimately be less wasteful if you do not measure accurately (for high level disinfection you would use 20ml in 1 litre of water, whereas you would only use 4ml of SC in 1 litre of water). Whereas others prefer the SC as it is available in smaller bottles, so is a more space-efficient option.
See here for technical information on the F10® product range and for the attributes of F10® Core Actives.
These products are developed by Health and Hygiene in South Africa. Please visit their website for further product details.