Adult Lifetime Mash
The scoop in any images is shown for illustrative purposes only.
This is a coarse powder providing complete nutrition for birds that prefer a powder rather than a solid piece. It can also be sprinkled onto fruit, or moistened with fruit juice or water and then shaped as needed.
Available as a 454g bag.
- After completing a dietary program of High Potency Formula for a period of at least 6 months.
- For birds that are potentially allergic to other ingredients.
- As a year round maintenance formula that meets the nutritional requirements for healthy, non-breeding birds including canaries, budgies (parakeets), cockatiels, doves, lovebirds, conures, parrotlets, pigeons and other small parrots.
- Feed fresh food daily, do not 'top up'
- To help reduce waste, feed as distinct meals
- Birds may eat all they want, but use the table below as a guideline
Suggested daily amounts
|Species||Adult Lifetime Mash||Additional foods|
|Canary / Finch||1 - 13/4g (1 tsp)||1/2 tsp|
|Budgie (parakeet) / Parrotlet||11/2 - 3g (1 - 2 tsp)||1/2 - 1 tsp|
|Cockatiel / Lovebird||2 - 5g (11/2 - 3 tsp)||1/2 - 1 tsp|
|Quaker||3 - 7g (2 - 4 tsp)||1 - 11/2 tsp|
|Lory* / Conure||5 - 9g (3 - 5 tsp)||1 - 2 tsp|
|Dove / Pigeon||5 - 15g (1/2 - 11/2 Tbs)||1 - 2 tsp|
*for Lories: soak the formula in 2 Tbs of water and 1/2 tsp of corn syrup
Feeding of additional items
- Harrison's products should make up 70% by volume of your bird's diet.
- It is recommended that 20% by volume of the overall diet should be good quality, ideally organic, vegetables and fruits. Dark yellow meaty, or dark green leafy, items such as sweet potatoes, carrots, pumpkin, winter squash, broccoli, parsley, spinach, mango or papaya are the most beneficial.
- It is recommended that 10% by volume of the overall diet should be high quality, ideally organic, items which provide a rich source of omega-3s. Examples include chia seeds, hemp seeds, flax seeds, or certain nuts. See this article for more information on the reasons for, and benefits of, including these items.
- It is not recommended to supplement with vitamins or other bird or animal supplementary products.
[For birds with suspected iron-storage disease: Avoid citrus fruits, tomatoes, kiwi, strawberries and other foods containing vitamin C. Avoid grapes, currants, raisins, liver, red meat, egg yolk or dark green vegetables such as spinach, which may contain high levels of iron.]
Composition: *Hulled Grey Millet, *Toasted Buckwheat, *Toasted Soybeans, *Sesame Seeds, *Chia, *Alfalfa, Calcium Carbonate, Bentonite, Monocalcium Phosphate, *Sea Kelp, Salt, *Anise Seed, *Algae Meal, *Sunflower Oil.
* = CERTIFIED ORGANIC INGREDIENT
Nutritional additives per kg: Vitamins: Vit A 4409 IU, Vit B1 2677 IU, Vit B2 2380 IU, Vit E 276 IU, Vit D3 99 IU, Vit B12 40mcg. Trace elements: Zinc Sulphate 13.3mg, Manganese Sulphate 4.4mg, Copper Sulphate 2.7mg.