This is a coarse powder providing complete nutrition for birds that prefer a powder rather than a solid piece. It can also be sprinkled onto fruit, or moistened with fruit juice or water and then shaped as needed.
FOR USE IN BIRDS
• that are being converted from seeds or any other diet. Birds should initially be fed High Potency Formula for a period of at least 6 months. See Dr Harrison explain the benefits of High Potency diets for birds who are converting here.
• as a year round formula for canaries, doves, budgies (parakeets), cockatiels, lovebirds, finches and other medium to small parrots.
• that have special needs such as birds that are molting, overweight, underweight, particularly active, housed in a cold climate, recovering from an illness or affected by liver or kidney disease.
• that are weaning. Birds should be fed High Potency Formula for at least 6-9 months.
• that are breeding. Birds should be fed High Potency Formula 1-2 months prior to the breeding period and until chicks are weaned or for at least six months before resuming Adult Lifetime Formula. The amount of supplemental high quality vegetables and fruits may be increased until the chicks are weaned. For each 2 Tbs (20 g) Formula, add ½ (5 g) Tbs high quality (certified organic would be best) sunflower seeds.
• feed fresh food daily.
• to help reduce waste, feed as distinct meals.
• birds may eat all they want, but use the table below as a guideline.
SUGGESTED DAILY AMOUNTS:
* Note that 'supplements' refers to other food in their diet (e.g, fruit and vegetables) and not specifically to added vitamins and minerals (which are neither needed nor recommended)
It is not recommended to supplement with vitamins or other bird or animal food products. Supplementation should be limited to no more than 30% of the overall diet. Offer good quality vegetables and fruits in small quantities; dark yellow meaty or dark green leafy items such as sweet potatoes, carrots, pumpkin, winter squash, broccoli, parsley, spinach, mango or papaya are the most beneficial.
[For birds with suspected iron-storage disease: Avoid citrus fruits, tomatoes, kiwi, strawberries and other foods containing vitamin C. Avoid grapes, currants, raisins, liver, red meat, egg yolk or dark green vegetables such as spinach, which may contain high levels of iron.]
Ingredients: *Ground Shelled Sunflower Seeds, *Ground Hulless Barley, *Ground Soy Flakes, *Ground Lentils, *Ground Green Peas, *Ground Shelled Peanuts, Chia Seeds, *Ground Rice, *Ground Yellow Corn, *Ground Toasted Oat Groats, *Sesame Meal, Calcium Carbonate, Montmorillonite Clay, *Ground Alfalfa, Di-Calcium Phosphate, Ground Dried Sea Kelp, Spirulina, Sea Salt, Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, d-alpha Tocopheryl Acetate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Niacin Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, d-Biotin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Folic Acid, Zinc Oxide, Manganous Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Sodium Selenite, Calcium Carbonate, Ground Anise Seed.
*CERTIFIED ORGANIC INGREDIENT
Guaranteed Analysis: Crude protein (min.)
20%, crude fat (min.) 14%, crude fiber (max.) 8%, moisture (max.) 10%.